Sketch by Yvette Wiltshire
Course date: Monday 13 February 2012
If you have always wanted to learn to draw, or you struggle to get things ‘looking right’, this course will help you.
Beginning with tools, equipment and materials, Yvette will go on to explain and demonstrate mark-making, line drawing, composition, and how to render light, tone and texture using a variety of source material. She will also cover how we see shape and how to draw a 3D form from observation, using measuring techniques and perspective.
There will be demonstrations of techniques throughout the day and group/individual tuition to support you.
Materials for the course
- Any Drawing and Sketching materials and equipment you already own.
- Sketching/Cartridge Paper
- A range of graphite pencils (i.e. 2H, F, HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B)
- Paper Stumps (also named as Paper Blenders)
- A soft eraser and a Grey Putty Rubber
- Pencil Sharpener (preferably a long point pencil sharpener)
- Kitchen roll
- Note pad and pencil/pen
We can supply all the materials you will need for a small charge.